Cómo llegar del Hotel Liabeny al aeropuerto de Barajas
Our guests often ask us how to get to Madrid-Barajas Airport from our hotel.
Thanks to the modern road and transport infrastructure in Madrid, it is very easy to get to the Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport from our hotel despite being in the very heart of the city. You can get there both by car or public transport.
Arriving to the airport by car
Renting a car is a particularly interesting option to get around Madrid and the surrounding area, especially if you are planning on going on day trips to cities like Toledo, Segovia, Ávila, Alcalá de Henares…
At the airport there are companies that offer car rental services. We also have a private car park at the hotel with 24-hour surveillance, so you will not have any problems finding a place to park.
The best route by car to the airport from our hotel is:
- Exit to the Gran Vía.
- Follow Calle de Alcalá until you get to Plaza de la Independencia (Puerta de Alcalá).
- Having passed the Puerta de Alcalá, follow straight on Calle O’Donnell crossing Calle Dr. Esquerdo and the M-30 motorway.
- Go through the O’Donnell tunnel and follow on the M-23 road for just just under 2 miles.
- Take the exit onto the M-40 motorway towards Vicálvaro and follow the signs for M-40/Aeropuerto/A-2/Zaragoza/R-2/A-1/A-6 for 2.5 miles.
- Take exit 9A on the left to go onto the M-14 motorway following the signs for E-90/A-2/Zaragoza/M-30/Av. América/Aeropuerto.
Getting to the airport on public transport
With the latest expansion of the suburban transport network in Madrid, you can get to the airport comfortably in less than one hour.
The recommended route to the airport from our hotel is:
- Walk to the Puerta del Sol (just 300 yards from our hotel)
- At the interchange, take the C-3 train towards El Escorial and get off at Nuevos Ministerios.
- At the Nuevos Ministerios train station, change onto the Metro Line 8.
- Take the metro for 5 stops on Line 8 to Aeropuerto T4.
Get to the airport by taxi
Taxis are the most comfortably option when we want to save time and we have luggage that can be uncomfortable to transport, whether it is due to weight or number of suitcases.
Also, at the beginning of 2014, a new fixed rate of 30€ was implemented for taxi services to and from the airport, so you do not have to worry about the the taxi taking you on the longer route.
For further comfort, there is a taxi rank right underneath our hotel, on number 9 of our street. In any case, if you wish, you can always ask reception to order you a taxi for a specific time and it will be waiting for you on time to take you to the airport.
Photo (CC) Jean-Pierre Dalbéra en Flickr
Written by Laura Blanco