Your press conference at a hotel
Sometimes, for different reasons, our business situation or certain circumstances mean that we have to do a press conference on a particular subject. One might think these are just for negative reasons, although that is not always the case. However, it is true that when you call a press conference it’s because you are interested in someone picking up on your statements, so it is associated to a serious matter. Perhaps to explain something that happened, publish compromising information or even say something that frees us from a complicated situation or to convey a situation to the press so that they give it some coverage.
No matter what reason it is, the place where the press conference is held is very important, since there are many details to take into account when you call a press conference and in order to get people to attend. A hotel is always a great option for a press conference since it gathers many of the essential characteristics that a press gathering should have.
– Location. Finding a hotel like ours, which is in the city centre, is an increasing guarantee that the press will turn up, since it’s within their daily action radius and this way they can avoid having to go far for it, something which would definitely decrease the chances of them attending. This is especially important if your company is located on the outskirts of the city.
– Connectivity. The meeting rooms at a hotel have all the technological connections that you need which the press will also request to send all of their information. You don’t have to worry about this because the hotel will take care of all of it.
– Professional staff at your disposal. At the hotel, the events team and the staff from reception and any other that you may need shall be at your disposal to help you with everything, as well as accommodating the press or leaving out those who were not invited, which can also happen.
– Catering. If you fancy offering some light refreshments after the press conference, at the hotel you will have everything prepared without having to hire another provider.
– If the press conference is about a complicated subject, it’s always better to host it outside the office because then, once it’s over, you can leave and not get caught with questions and interviews that perhaps you don’t wish to answer due to being in the office.
These are just some of the most important reasons as to why a hotel is your best option for organising a press conference. Focus on the matter at hand and the message and leave the rest to the team of professionals who will take care of everything else.